“Those who ban films, have not seen the films. As for ‘Muhammad’ (Muhammad: The Messenger of God), I don’t even know what is wrong. There is always politics behind it, but you can never keep everything in cages. They will eventually fly past the restrictions. I am sure, the whole world will watch my film,” said renowned Iranian filmmaker, Majid Majidi to the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy Media Cell of the IFFK. ‘Muhammad is not a religious or a political film. It is all about humanity. It is an attempt to portray the real face of Islam. I ask them why, because it is all so illogical,” he said. While discussing his thoughts on Indian Cinema, he called Satyajit Ray ‘The Soul of Indian Cinema’. “Indian Cinema takes a lot of money from the public and making the filmmakers rich. I don’t know how much they contribute back to the society. Cinema has immense capability,” opined Majidi. “Film festivals like the IFFK play a crucial role in designing the audience and the culture of the soc...
The Blog of the English and Malayalam Press Releases from the Official IFFK Media Cell.
Comments
Post a Comment